Monday, July 8, 2013

Done!

Done!
The baby quilt that I have been working on for the last several weeks is finally done! There are so many parts that turned out better then expected.  However, I am a little disappointed with how the binding attachment looks.  I have to remind myself that I am still learning and that the back of the quilt is never perfect.  With every quilt that I finish I learn so much to pass on to the next.  

Finished quilt.  I love how the binding colors turned out!
Border done in stipling design.
Back of quilt
Another shot of quilt back. 
 Looking ahead to the coming month of July I have a lot of projects to accomplish by September.  This week I plan on  prepping my trapplique quilt and quilt panel for the State Fair which is in September.  I also plan to begin quilting the baby quilt I have to have done by the end of the month.  
Add all this to my goal of losing 10 pounds and it is going to be a crazy month. 

Until next time. 
Holly

3 comments:

  1. What a cute quilt! The bi-color binding looks very cute. I look forward to seeing your work at the state fair! I am so excited to enter some things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I look forward to seeing your work as well! Are you currently in a guild?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, but maybe once we're living in the city again I can join one!

      Delete