Friday, July 12, 2013

Baby summer

Baby Summer

This summer has been the time for babies, and in my case baby quilt making.  I am currently working on my last baby quilt of the season! This is an exciting time since I am waiting in anticipation to begin my state fair piece.  Along with quilting and raising my baby girl Hazel, I have an obsession with Zumba! If you haven't tried Zumba, I highly recommend it. 

Quilt on the Janome 6600.  Can you tell I'm a little paranoid about a shifting quilt?

Stipling done on this quilt since it is mostly flannel.  Wanted a light texture feel. 

Right now I am doing Zumba pretty much every day except for my active rest days.  Why am I talking about Zumba you may ask? When I was in high school I was a soccer and softball player.  Since then I've always been pretty active until I became pregnant   When I was pregnant I gained 60 pounds! Crazy right! I currently have lost around 50 pounds since I had my baby girl and at the last visit to the doc she said she would like to see me lose around 40 more before I could even think of having another baby. 

This may seem like a huge number, even to me but I know I can do it and probably more.  So Zumba has been my go to exercise for the mere fact that I love dancing.  It has also brought routine into my workout schedule.  To get more Zumba and weights we now have joined the local gym.  Which is good for Hazel since she gets to meet other kiddos and it gets me out of the house and closer to my goal.
Since I say it is a time for babies, perhaps next year I can look forward to making my own quilt, or making one for Hazel since I've had the material for one since before she was born.  

Next week I look forward to hopefully sharing the finished quilt. Also, showing the progress that is being made on my state fair piece!  
Some of the pieces of my State Fair piece.
Until then,

3 comments:

  1. Great of you to loose all that weight! It is not easy. Compliments.
    Lovely quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. There is something really nice about baby quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet colours you are using! Great job atthe dayly zumba. Proud of you!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete