Friday, July 19, 2013

FMQ Friday

Where did the week go?

Last week if you remember, I was hoping to have my baby quilt done.  Well, that didn't happen.  Life happened and between gym workouts, baby and general clean up of my house the week got away from me.  I was pretty happy with how far I got considering that I didn't work two nights.  

                 
Finally completed the main panel section now onto the boarders.  Flowing leaves idea from Leah Day.

Close up of the two textures. 

I love how the leaves are showing up with the thread that I have chosen but I am afraid the thread is not loving me.  I have so far broken two needles and have countless thread breaks.  I'm hoping this next week I have more success.  
As far as my State Fair piece which I need to start on.  I have been referencing back to the Leah Day videos where where she teaches trapplique.  I was so off track with my idea of how I was going to do it, which was more complex.  I am so grateful for technology when these types of things occur! I look forward to finishing this quilt up and sharing the final result (hopefully) next week! 

Until then,

6 comments:

  1. Hello Holly,

    The leaves are really lovely, just perfect on that shade of green.

    Love from England,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those leaves are just perfect!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those leaves are wonderful! Thanks for saying the name of the design so I can go back and watch the video for how to do it.

    Sorry about the thread issues. I hate when that happens, especially when there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, we can't tell there were thread or needle breaks! The leaves are stunning. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete