Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fun with feathers!

Feathers!

This week I have been hard at work finishing this baby quilt.  However, I ran out of thread! I hate when that happens.  Looks like I'll have to make my way over to the local Jo Ann's in the morning. Oh darn ;). With this post I wanted to share what I accomplished in the time I spent on this quilt since I hope to be finished and have it delivered by Monday! Yay!!

Last Friday I shared with you about the leaves that I had done for the surrounding borders.  These leaves took some time but they turned out beautiful! 


Looking at the next border I wanted to do something different.  For the last several quilts I used stippling.  I used stippling over the panel and wanted something different.  I have only been doing free motion quilting since December so every quilt is a learning experience.  I have never done feathers and after listening to Angela Walters on the Quilt Con video, it made me want to try them.

First time attempting feathers.  I'd have to say they turned out pretty well. 




View of all three.
Favorite part is the corners! So random. 

I say it after each quilt but this is one of my favorites! Even though it is far from perfect it has been fun! I am looking forward to having the final borders complete and having the binding done.  Final picture will be posted next week. 

Some even more exciting news, I received an email from a friend that asked if I would be willing to donate a quilt for a raffle that she is putting together.  I feel so honored that she thought of me.  I never thought that I would ever be considered good enough to donate a quilt.  Perhaps I could sell them in the future. Who knows! 

Until next time! 
Holly

11 comments:

  1. I love the design you did in the green border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, your work if definitely "good enough" for sale! I am giving it a go too very soon on etsy. You can do it!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking into that as well. I still need to get enough items to actually sell though. Maybe next year! Good luck with your store!

      Delete
  3. Hello Holly,

    The feathers look wonderful, and you kept it all together going round the corners - great work!

    Love,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the corner shot where the quilting patterns come together. I like the colors too. Very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your feathers look fantastic, I'm still practising but I'm not happy enough to put them on a real quilt just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a couple that turned out wonky but I know that I am my worst critic. Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  6. Your feathers look so beautiful! I am amazed it is your 1st time trying them.

    ipatchandquilt (or anyone really)... I definitely recommend opening and Etsy shop if you want to try and sell a handmade item. I have had a shop for over 3 years... and I must say ETSY is a lot more user friendly for sellers than it was in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete