Friday, June 28, 2013

FMQ Friday



FMQ Friday

I cannot believe that it is already the end of June! How fast the time flies.  This week has been a week of coming down off the excitement and exhaustion of the wedding.  With that being said I finished the binding and the quilt label for my SIL's quilt and it turned out better then I had hoped.  

This week as far as free motion quilting, I have been working on the baby quilt panel that I had previously shared.  I figure I will be done by Tuesday of next week.  I have enjoyed doing this quilt panel so much and I will be sad to see it go but I already have another one lined up.  Can't wait to share the finished product next week! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Close up of sky. Concentric circles and echoes mad to resemble the wind.
Lighter area of sky.
Using echo lines to make sun stand out.  
Echoed star 
Close up of elephant
Close up of hippo and ark
Love how this guy turned out.  The texture of his fur is awesome!





Until next time,
Holly

I am linking up to: 







8 comments:

  1. The quilting looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to practice free motion quilting! Awesome textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really good idea, to learn FMQ and make a baby-quilt in one. I think I will make the next baby-quilt like this. Yesterday the next friend told me about having a baby until christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lot of fun! When I first found fmq I practiced on a couple of squares but I like having images to practice on and quilt panels offer that! Good luck on your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable - I love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job on the quilting. All the animals look so lively. Especially the hippo is super cute!

    ReplyDelete