Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Progress this week

Slow and steady wins the race right?

For the last few weeks I've been hitting the gym hard, trying to continue losing my baby weight.  Well, I think I overdid it and now I am paying for it.  No Zumba or leg exercises for a week.  I am so down but I know that it's for the best.  So now I am doing abs and arms.  I can't wait to be on the mend and doing what I love again.  

I can't imagine what it would be like if I couldn't quilt, better not overdo it with the arms!!  Last night I took the night off since I quilted during nap time and I enrolled in the free class on Craftsy on Quilt Con.  I spent time listening to Angela Walters.  I have a couple of her books, but listening to her speak was very informative.  

On my last post I spoke about breaking thread so many times in my baby quilt that I had reached a point of frustration.  I finally broke down and my little girl and I headed over to the local Jo Ann's.  This is one of mine and my little girls favorite stores and they all know her by name.  We initially went to get thread but we ended up looking at the patterns and material for her Halloween costume, coloring books for her and pattern magazines for myself.  We can spend at least an hour at any quilt shop that we frequent.  I suppose this means Hazel is destined to be a quilter. 
  
Sorry for such a random post but there is so much on my mind and felt the need to write it out.  Next time I plan to have pictures of my finished quilt.

Until next time!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment