Friday, October 4, 2013

The never ending quilt

The never ending quilt

Have you ever had that project that just goes on and on? I currently have that such a project staring at me as I type away.  I have been working on this quilt for several weeks and it is still not finished.  I know that I could move on and work on another project but then in the back of my mind I would always worry about it.  I think it has been dragging on for such a long time since my life outside of quilting has been so busy! First the State Fair, pumpkin patches and now Balloon Fiesta.  Fall is flying by!  However, today is the day that this project will be done and I can move onto my next project!


Close up of quilting design.

Close up of quilting design.

Photos of remaining animals







With this quilt I left the animals puffy since everything else is quilted.  I am still trying to figure out binding measurements that I feel comfortable with since that is what was most critiqued on my fair quilts.

Next week hopefully I will have a new quilt to update you on and share! Until then have a great week! 

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute :) Lots of work in there! It's nice for the animals to be puffed. (I just have to say: Binding critiques almost always make me laugh out loud.) hehe Unless they're talking about gapping, wobbles, wrinkles, pinches - - - who the heck CARES if the front and back come in at different widths if they're consistent and even and neat as a pin? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the whole quilt! Your quilting looks great, I bet the animals really pop out from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt. Your quilting is wonderful and I, too, love to have parts of the quilt pop with lots of quilting around it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun quilt, I love all those animals and your quilting! I look forward to see your quilt finished. Co cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super quilting! Panels are great for improving FMQ technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such an adorable quilt, and your quilting is wonderful! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I was so excited to see that it was featured in your blog this week!

      Delete