Friday, September 13, 2013

State Fair results

The results are in!
The results are in and I am so pleased.  This was my first time entering anything into any competition.  I really just started machine quilting last December so I was not expecting to win anything!  What a surprise when I saw the results.

Sorry for the bad lighting.  Had to take the photos with my phone.
This quilt is a simple wall hanging that I machine appliquéd and hand quilted.  I entered this one on a whim but I am pleased that I did.  

My trapplique quilt took third place.  I am pleasantly surprised since the category that it was in had some stiff competition.  


View of the whole quilt.
Overall this was a wonderful experience and I am so excited to begin working on quilts for next year! 

Fast forward to this week and what I am working on.  I am still working on the quilt that I am donating to my friends fundraising efforts to get to New York next summer.  

I am hoping to have this quilt finished by next week so I can start my next baby quilt and then my fall projects! 

Until next time,
Holly

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful validation of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your beauties!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Holly!! I know that must be a nice feeling!

    Whoop whoop for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I didn't know the pumpkin one was yours--congratulations! I did get to see your spiral quilt and was so excited you placed! I wish I had had more time to look at it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised to see your quilt hanging there! It was even more beautiful in person!

      Delete