Friday, October 18, 2013

Fun times ahead

Fun times ahead

As we embark on the holidays I get so excited for the changes in our surroundings.  The crisp air, the changing of the leaves, and the excitement when my 22 month old experiences things for perhaps the first time.  I have been taking a lot of fall pictures in hope of getting inspired to create my "masterpiece" for next years state fair.  I would like to try my hand at a whole cloth painted piece with a fall theme.  I get so excited just telling you about it.
Any who back to reality and this week.  This week I have been working on my baby quilt panel and halloween accessories.  I had hoped to be further along in this quilt but sometimes I over extend myself and forget how much attention other things take over my quilting.  Hopefully this coming week I will have the rest of the quilt top quilted and ready for binding.  





I didn't have a chance to work on my placemats this week, but hopefully that project is next up after this baby quilt.  I did however get to finish my husbands Mickey feet.  I am definitely not experienced in costume making but wanted to take a stab at making these fun things.  I think they turned out great.  Especially since they are for only one night.  

I am onto work on my sister and brother-in-laws turtle costumes.  Hope these are pretty quick and painless.  Hopefully I'll get to post soon about the end product.  

Until next time.

Holly

2 comments:

  1. The quilt is looking terrific. :) Costumes can be a lot of fun to make. Every few years I do them up for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know I am having fun working on them. Surprisingly they are pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete