Friday, October 11, 2013

Eye on the sky

Eye on the sky!

This week has been another one for the books.  I turned 32 today, YAY! I am excited about this can you tell! This is going to be my best year yet, I just know it.  We also had the opportunity to visit the International Balloon Fiesta yesterday.  So much fun! Living here all my life I never truly appreciated this yearly event until I had my daughter.  She brings so much more life to everything!

Shot of some of the inflated balloons.

Three bees! 
 Even though the balloons didn't go up due to wind, many of them inflated and gave quite a show.  As far as quilting this week I have had a very productive week.  I finished and delivered the baby quilt that I spoke of in my last post.
Finished quilt.

The back of the quilt. 
I also pieced, sandwiched and started quilting my next baby quilt.




This quilt will not have as much quilting since it is all flannel.  I thought I would outline everything to make the shapes pop and quilt the main areas and border.  Hopefully this quilt will only take a week or two.

I am also working on homemade place mats for Thanksgiving.  I need 20 and I have one ready to be quilted.  Oh dear!


Working on these projects, taking care of baby and training for 5K runs are keeping my evenings very busy! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Until next time! 

 Holly




1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are a busy girl, Holly! Happy Birthday and happy quilting :)

    ReplyDelete