Friday, June 7, 2013

FMQ Friday

How fast these days go by! Hard to believe that it is already Friday again.  
So last week I had every intention of finishing my other baby quilt but the deadline got pushed back. This is a good and bad thing.  Good that I have more time to work on it, bad that the deadline is the same weekend as my SIL's  wedding.  So after some thinking and a bobbin running out, I decided to pull it off the machine and focus on the wedding quilt, since that deadline is here to stay! 

What a difference going from a baby quilt to a queen sized quilt made, especially on my arms! 

Queen quilt on the machine yet again!
Just a little background that I feel is necessary to share to help you understand this quilt.  When deciding to make it I knew that I wanted to incorporate the colors of the wedding.  I didn't use a pattern and piecing took a long time! Each block is different.  In the sashing I am using the FMQ pattern "Heart flow" which I learned from Leah Day and the free motion quilting project.  Although it appears that there is only quilting in the sashing, I stitched in the ditch through all the blocks.   

Below are some close up shots of the sashing.



 

 Look forward to see where this quilt is at by next week!

Have a great weekend!
Holly

3 comments:

  1. That quilting is beautiful! What a great way to add character to the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt and nice quilting. I love the colors of your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Renee is right: the quilting of your sashing add value to your quilt.

    ReplyDelete