Friday, June 21, 2013

The big day has come!

Well today is the day when my SIL gets married! For the past few weeks its been event after event, planning and more planning.  In the nights I've been working to finish the quilt that will be their wedding present.  Finally its binded and waiting for me to sit for a few hours and finish.  I can't wait.  


Quilt before I trimmed off the excess


I have learned so much from this quilt! I learned that I can free motion quilt on my sewing machine and it is actually a lot of fun.  I think I have perfected my use of putting on my binding, which is usually the part of the quilt that I struggle with the most.  Most importantly I learned that I have the creativity to create a quilt with just my ideas.  


Shot of flowing hearts in the sashing.  FMQ idea from Leah Day http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/. 
Border FMQ stippling with random hearts. 
Up next is finishing my other baby quilt that has a deadline of a few weeks.  I am also excited because I am going to be entering a few items into our local state fair.  



Until next time,
Holly

4 comments:

  1. Hello Holly,

    Congratulations to your sister in law, and well done to you finishing the quilt in time! What a lovely wedding present!

    Love from England,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tuned out beautifully, I really like the fabrics and all over design, it is stunning. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heart flow was the perfect choice to FMQ your wedding gift quilt for your SIL.

    ReplyDelete