Sunday, January 19, 2014

Work in progress

Work in progress

The title of this post is not only for my health goals but also for my current quilt.  I have had success the last two weeks with my weight loss, yay! I've currently lost 8lbs and some ounces.  Although I have a long way to go, this is awesome news.  The unfortunate part is that I got injured in crossfit last week and was told by my doctor that it is in my knees best interest to not continue with that workout style.  Wahhhhhh!!! I am out for 2-3 weeks with a lower leg injury but I plan on continuing with my running and some aspects of crossfit at my house.

For the past several quilts I have had fun making my own patterns and designs.  I have mentioned in the past that I am not one to really use patterns.  I love being able to change things and come up with my own special features.  I have also loved playing with my new Accuquilt that I got for Christmas! The quilt that I am currently working on is a baby shower gift for a friend.  I designed this quilt with the intention of using my accuquilt to cut out all pieces.  Unfortunately when I had all pieces cut I realized that my chevron pieces didn't cut right.  This was a very good lesson but a fun quilt nonetheless.  I can't wait to post the finished piece!

Quilt top is finished! I love the colors!
Quilt getting basted on the wall.  
Stitch in the ditch around the blocks and a tight stippling in the border.  
Loving the grey on grey look.  
Hearts and bows are so puffy!
I am loving this design and may make one for my own daughter.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 

Until next time,

Holly

1 comment:

  1. I love the pink and grey together! I hope you post more photos when you're finished. Sorry to hear of your injury! I had some issues with my sacrum last month and haven't gone running since while I wait for it to heal. I hope you're back at it soon!

    ReplyDelete