Friday, September 6, 2013

Super busy month

What happened to August?

I cannot believe how fast the summer flew by, especially this last month.  It feels like my life has been consumed with my state fair quilt.  Every free moment that I wasn't in the gym or playing with my daughter were spent on getting this quilt ready.  I'm posting some of the free motion quilting that I did.  I am not posting the final result as to leave some suspense.  I am so nervous since this is my first time ever entering anything! Tomorrow is the big day and then I will have to wait! 

Mctavishing-like design placed on whole cloth portion of quilt
My idea of concentric circles.  One of my favorite designs!
Glimpse of whole cloth portion of quilt.  
Teaser shot of quilt being all put together.  Bet you can't wait to see the finished product! 
So what am I working on now? Well tonight I am taking a well deserved night off to prepare for my church meeting tomorrow and relax with my hubby.  Earlier today I basted the baby quilt that I am making for a friend that has asked me to donate a quilt for her raffle.  Final pics will be posted later.    


Panel shot.  Got a great deal on this one! 

Until next time,
Holly

4 comments:

  1. Oh that quilting is so pretty!! I took my quilts in today, SO nervous for them. I can't wait to see yours in person, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how fast the time went! I'm excited to see your quilts as well!

      Delete
  2. Hello Holly,

    The concentric circles are fabulous. Congratulations on finishing the quilt in time, and I love the way that you are keeping it under wraps!

    Love,
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your concentric circles- they are so even and perfect. I've tried this design (I learned it from Diane Gaudynski who calls them Celtic Bubbles) and mine are always wonky.

    ReplyDelete