Friday, December 6, 2013

Busy!

Busy!

Has a month really gone by since I last blogged?!? What happened to the time? I find myself saying that a lot lately, especially since my daughter is turning two tomorrow.  How time flies! 
November was a busy month, obviously.  In my last post I was getting ready to run a 5k.  My goal was to be faster than my time last year.  This time I ran it in 36.  I felt pretty good and hopefully next year I can run it even faster! 

I also joined a cross fit gym and boy what a workout.  I am sore everyday but I can see changes in my body and my strength.  I am very thankful and blessed that we have family nearby because they are always willing to watch my daughter.  

So onto quilting.  In this month I have been working on a couple of things.  The first is the quilt/wall hanging for my husbands grandmother.  I have made her a couple of country themed wall hangings and it wasn't really her style.  I hope now I nailed it.  


Close up of light area.
Echoed lines complete the look for this spiral. 
I love quilting concentric circles! 
All three designs.
One of the main things that I learned with this quilt was that outlining an area doesn't always necessarily work.  I had a lot less puckers in this quilt since I didn't outline.  

Finished product!

I enjoyed quilting this quilt.  It took about three weeks and was finished the afternoon of her birthday! Talk about cutting it close.

One of my projects that I was supposed to finish in November was the place mats for Thanksgiving.  I wasn't able to finish these and hopefully will have them made for next year.  Nothing like a WIP for the rest of the year.

This week I am working on a fun table center mat for my aunt. 
 
This will be finished hopefully tonight after I run to Joann's for some more thread.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

Until next time, 
Holly

2 comments:

  1. Which 5K did you run? I ran my first 3.5 miles over the weekend (without the kids/stroller), but a 5K is my goal, with stroller. Cross fit is pretty amazing, I have a few friends that are crazy about it and their bodies really show their commitment! Your quilting looks great, the concentric circles are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran the Doggy, dash & dawdle. Good cause so I enjoy doing it. The one thing I miss about living in the city is street lights to run anytime, especially in the winter.

      Delete